Welcome back to the Palace Theatre!
We have been hard at work behind the scenes preparing to welcome patrons back to the Palace, while adhering to current strict COVID safety guidelines that protect our artists, employees and patrons. As you plan a trip to the Palace, we want you to know what to expect while at our theatre at the moment. The Palace Theatre’s reopening plan was developed based on the mandated guidelines set forth by the Governor’s office, Albany County and the CDC. In order to ensure the health and safety of everyone at the Palace and to continue to be able to move ahead with live performances, we need your participation. Please review the following new policies and procedures that will be part of your experience so we can safely welcome everyone back to our historic venue!
PLEASE NOTE: Certain performances may have specific regulations based on the performer's guidelines. Please be sure to check the details of your specific event before planning to attend.
STAY AT HOME GUIDELINES
Stay at home if:
• You are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms (such as fever, a sore throat, chills, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, nausea, or vomiting);
• You’ve been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days;
• You’ve been directed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health care provider or public health official. Please follow the CDC guidelines and any relevant state travel guidelines;
• You are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
Masks are not required to attend performances. Patrons who are more comfortable wearing a mask while inside the Palace Theatre are encouraged to do so.
HAND WASHING & SANITIZING
Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the Palace Theatre during performances.
All restrooms will be monitored to maintain COVID-19 safety standards for cleanliness and social distancing. We will also use enhanced cleaning protocols in accordance with all standard CDC recommendations.
OTHER WAYS WE’RE MAKING THE PALACE SAFE
• Staff & volunteers have been trained to ensure familiarity with all safety protocols and procedures, and to provide for safe patron compliance.
• All staff & volunteers of the Palace Theatre are fully vaccinated.
• The Palace Theatre’s air handling system has been fitted with MERV 13 filters, as recommended by the CDC.
• All surfaces are equipment throughout the Palace are regularly sanitized during and after all performances.
Please be aware that policies are subject to change at any time based on state or federal guidelines.